[OmniOS-discuss] OmniOS bloody update -- countdown to r151022

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Fri Apr 21 03:08:31 UTC 2017

Hello!

I've updated all of the omnios-build packages for bloody, in anticipation of getting r151022 ready for a release sometime in May.  There's still some debugging to do for r151022 (and some PRs to accept), and a couple of more illumos merges, but with this update we have several new things to report.

Speaking of debugging, a few of the debugging items involve the installer ISO, so there will not be an ISO update with this bump.

uname -v shows omnios-master-c561ad5255   (Note the new, longer, hash, part of the git(1) upgrade).

omnios-build was built from commit 5806fb4.

New in this build:

- Parent-dependent IPS packages ---> This means for some system-critical package, "pkg update" even WITHOUT "-r" will update linked-image zones.

- ZFS fixes, including illumos 7885 (16.0e reported for expandsz)

- zone-centered modernization of shutdown(1M) (illumos 8034)

- LX improvements

- illumos 8085 -- Handle RPC group lists better.

- Bind to 9.10.4-P8

- NSS to 3.30.1, NSPR to 4.14

- GNU coreutils to 8.27

- Curl to 7.54

- dbus to 1.11.12

- git to 2.12.2

- GMP to 6.1.2

- gnu-grep to 3.0

- ISO-codes to 43.74

- less to 487

- libpcap to 1.8.1

- GNU m4 to 1.4.18

- Mercurial to 4.1.3  (NOTE: There have been reports via OpenIndiana that this version of hg doesn't play entirely nice with illumos)

- nghttp2 to 1.21.1

- pkg-config to 0.29.2

- Various python-package updates.

- screen to 4.5.1