[OmniOS-discuss] Questions about - End the uncertainty -

Dan McDonald danmcd at kebe.com
Fri Jul 7 15:14:25 UTC 2017

> On Jul 7, 2017, at 11:01 AM, Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:
>
>> Maybe a switch to the OI installer is desirable as it offers a network setting option on initial setup.
>> The OmniOS installer is annoying regarding this

I switched the OmniOS installer AWAY from Caiman because I wanted to disentangle from Python.

During the r151024 timeframe, one of the things on my plate was going to be a "install postprocessing" menu option on the Kayak menu.  The idea would be if you wanted to get things set prior to your next boot, you'd go into that.  It seemed appropriate for an interactive installer, while still keeping the spirit of REALLY FAST, DAMMIT that Kayak embodied.

My suggestion, and you can dismiss it of course, it to build the postprocessing menu option.  It'd bring up a new screen, full of choices like "configure networking", "Set root password", "Add users", etc. etc.