[OmniOS-discuss] pkglint: Python 2.7 MemoryError

Andries Annema an3s.annema at gmail.com
Thu Jul 13 17:41:10 UTC 2017

Hi guys,

I've got a freshly installed r151022 VM here (under VMWare Workstation)
to fiddle around a bit. Very clean, no extra packages installed yet, not
even NFS- or SMB-shares. Only two non-global zones: one to host a
repository and one as build environment for some packages I use myself.
I have done all this on r151014 machines (VM/test as well as
physical/production) as well, but have never bumped into the error I'm
getting now.

Not sure if it is package-specific or more of a general error - I assume
the latter - but for completeness sake, I'm trying to put Znapzend
0.17.0 into a neat IPS packages.
.configure, gmake, gmake install, as well as creating the SMF method and
manifest files, and the IPS package manifest go just like I got before
on r151014, but now on r151022 the "pkglint" process fails.
This is what it throws at me:

==begin quote==
builder at vm09ngz02build:/tank/build/1_scratch$ sudo pkglint -c
./lint-cache -r http://<ip-of-local-ips-repo> znapzend.p5m.3.res
Lint engine setup...

Ignoring -r option, existing image found.
Lint setup 3                               1485/1838Traceback (most
recent call last):
   File "/usr/bin/pkglint", line 317, in <module>
     __ret = main_func()
   File "/usr/bin/pkglint", line 148, in main_func
     release=opts.release)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/lint/engine.py", line
607, in setup
     checker.startup(self)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/lint/pkglint_action.py",
line 174, in startup
     seed_dict(manifest, "path", self.ref_paths)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/lint/pkglint_action.py",
line 126, in seed_dict
     for action in mf_gen(atype):
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/lint/pkglint_action.py",
line 123, in mf_gen
     for a in mf.gen_actions():
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/manifest.py", line 1898,
in gen_actions
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/manifest.py", line 1563,
in __load
     self.set_content(excludes=self.excludes, pathname=self.pathname)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/manifest.py", line 1052,
in set_content
     self.add_action(action, excludes)
   File "/usr/lib/python2.7/vendor-packages/pkg/manifest.py", line 1094,
in add_action
     self.actions.append(action)
MemoryError
Error:

This is an internal error in pkg(5) version 1493165709.  Please log a
Service Request about this issue including the information above and this
message.
==end quote==

Any ideas? Am I doing something wrong or is there a bug in Python 2.7 or
even pkg(5)?
Assuming it simply had not enough memory to get the job done, I tried
increasing the VM's assigned memory from 1 to 2, even to 4GB. But that
didn't help.

This proves I'm still a novice on compiling and maintaining packages...
*sigh*
Anyway, any hints appreciated! Tnx.

Regards,
Andries