[OmniOS-discuss] Unable to install zone

Andy Fiddaman omnios at citrus-it.net
Mon Jul 17 06:23:41 UTC 2017

On Sun, 16 Jul 2017, Mike Owens wrote:

; I am running OmniOs within KVM. I have tried both releases and in all cases
; I when I try to install a new zone I get the following error:
;
; 'ERROR: unable to determine global zone boot environment.'

You need to assign a UUID to the root BE. Try these commands:

  zfs set org.opensolaris.libbe:uuid=`uuidgen` rpool/ROOT/omnios
  zfs set org.opensolaris.libbe:policy=static rpool/ROOT/omnios

Assuming your root pool is called 'rpool' and the current boot environment
is 'omnios'.

This bug has recently been fixed in the installer but the installation
media has not yet been updated.

Andy

Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)333 0124 007 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123