[OmniOS-discuss] To the OmniOS Community

Thu Jun 1 10:49:37 UTC 2017

Hi Theo,

that is a word!

> I was hoping not to be the first, but I will attempt to lead by example. I'll pledge my time to do required security package publications on 014 and 022. As security issues with packages in core arise, I will update the build system, re-roll the packages and publish them.

There are a few security related releases since Dan left:

- sudo
- openssl (bugfix)
- openjdk 7
- bind 9
- ldap

As 014 and 022 have signed packages, nobody else than OmniTi can build packages for these, right?

> If this will be successful, other people will need to commit to do the work and we will democratize the access to make that work possible.

We do have one of the most current userland repos for omnios and are willing to contribute for core.
I think we need an omnios build and release structure for the future. What do you think?

- Stefan