[OmniOS-discuss] NFS mounts seems as nobody on Centos6

Andries Annema an3s.annema at gmail.com
Thu Jun 15 18:18:42 UTC 2017

Hi Özkan,

The first thing that comes to mind is "no_root_squash" and, based on
your example setting with options like "anon=root", I assume this option
can be set as well on OmniOS with the "sharenfs" setting.

Maybe these will help:
https://serverfault.com/questions/364613/centos-6-ldap-nfs-file-ownership-is-stuck-on-nobody

http://www.linuxtopia.org/online_books/rhel6/rhel_6_storage_admin/rhel_6_storage_s2-nfs-security-files.html

Disclaimer: I am not an expert on NFS! Far from it. The above suggestion
is based on some personal experience where I needed that
"no_root_squash" option (although that was with some Linux distro's),
and some Google-fu. With that said, I am not sure if it adds a security
threat or something.

Anyway, my two cents.

Regards,
Andries