[OmniOS-discuss] Loosing NFS shares

Guenther Alka alka at hfg-gmuend.de
Fri Jun 23 07:27:43 UTC 2017

With ESXi 6.0 I have had NFS problems as well. You should use at least
6.0U2(or 6.5.0d with the 6.5 line)

Another problem may be timeouts. ZFS will wait longer for a disk than
ESXi for NFS. What you can do is reducing disk timeout time in
/etc/system with set sd:sd_io_time=0xF (=15s, default is 60s).  Check
system-logs for disk related problems (/var/adm/messages).

You should also use vmxnet3s for OmniOS with increased buffer settings
for vmxnet3, tcp and NFS for 10G networking.Snaps and replication itself
are uncritical as long as you do not have disk or network problems. Ex
MTU 9000 can give problems. Enough RAM may be another item. You should
give 8GB or more to OmniOS.

Gea
napp-it