[OmniOS-discuss] CIFS access to a folder with traditional (owner:group:other) Unix permissions

Oliver Weinmann oliver.weinmann at telespazio-vega.de
Wed Jun 28 12:18:53 UTC 2017

Hi,

Thanks for pointing this out. Basically I would do the chmod on a Linux system where NFS share is mounted as root.

Now that I have this working on my test system I have lots of problems on my production system. I can join it to AD but I get lots of errors like this:

gedaspw02.a.space.corp: additional info: SASL(-1): generic failure: GSSAPI Error: Unspecified GSS failure.  Minor code may provide more information (Client not found in Kerberos database)

smbd.info: logon[A\someuser]: CANT_ACCESS_DOMAIN_INFO
smbd.info: logon[A\someuser]: LOGON_FAILURE

I checked all possible settings and compared them to my test system but can't find any difference. The only difference is that the production system was upgraded twice from 1510xx to 1510xx to 151022.

I even deleted the computer object in AD and rejoined the domain but still the same errors occur.

Oliver Weinmann
Senior Unix VMWare, Storage Engineer
Telespazio VEGA Deutschland GmbH
 Europaplatz 5 - 64293 Darmstadt - Germany
Ph: + 49 (0)6151 8257 744 | Fax: +49 (0)6151 8257 799
oliver.weinmann at telespazio-vega.de
http://www.telespazio-vega.de
Registered office/Sitz: Darmstadt, Register court/Registergericht: Darmstadt, HRB 89231; Managing Director/Geschäftsführer: Sigmar Keller-----Original Message-----