[OmniOS-discuss] Bug ?

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Thu Jun 29 20:07:10 UTC 2017

> From: Oliver Weinmann
> Sent: Thursday, June 29, 2017 12:14 AM
>
> Ohh that is bad news.

Yes, it was quite disappointing :(, I really liked OmniOS.

> I have a productions system that somehow fails to join AD and I don’t know
> what is causing this. We had a similar issue on our  nexenta system and they
> provided us a patch that solved it.

How recently was that? There are nexenta people on this list, but more so on the illumos developer list, you might be able to get more details on specifically what that patch involved.

We currently use samba for CIFS under OmniOS as we need CIFS to hit AD and NFSv4 to use mit kerberos and currently the in kernel CIFS server won't do that; but in past testing we were able to connect the kernel CIFS server to AD without issue.