[OmniOS-discuss] Dell H330 and mpt_sas on r151022

Aries 2232491716 at qq.com
Fri Jun 30 16:53:04 UTC 2017

Hello,

I noticed that the r151022 starts to support the Dell H330 via mpt_sas driver. So I installed the r151022 fresh on my Dell T630 server with H330 as a VM on ESXi. The H330 was PCI-E passthrough with 8x 7k2 disks in raid z2.

However when I ran the command dmesg | grep sas, it seems that the mr_sas was used for the H330 adapter which is just as same as the r151020 and r151014 version.

I also discovered that the disk performance was worse than the r151020. To compare, I ran all the tests via napp-it filebench. For example, for the fivestreamwrite test, the result of r151020 and r151014 is around 1100mb/s, but the r151022 only shows 650mb/s. I tried multiple combinations like creating the pool in one version and import into another version. The issue seems not related to the creation of the pool but the version which runs the pool.

Did I miss something in the setup that leads the H330 to run with the wrong driver? Could you please give me some advices? Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Aries