[OmniOS-discuss] Bloody update (illumos-omnos only)

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Wed Mar 1 21:57:35 UTC 2017

Because I'm experimenting with Kayak-for-ISO, I want to have fresh illumos-omnios bits (esp. Loader itself) on the public server.  I've just pushed new packages (full build) out to the bloody repo.  Update highlights include:

- AIO improvements in LX
- Some loader bugfixes
- blkdev fixes for devices with blksize > 512 bytes.
- illumos 7777 "Expose xdf minor nodes when in PV-HVM mode" fix from Delphix.  We are taking this pre-integration because of its potential to help the new Kayak-based ISO installer.

I will not be cutting traditional install media, given I'm getting closer on the Kayak-for-ISO front.  Existing users should "pkg update".  New users should either install the old bits and upgrade, or take their chances on the WIP Kayak-for-ISO installer.

Watch this space for an updated Kayak-for-ISO, which will at least have a controlling-terminal fix in it (so you can do job control on shells, AND invoke format(1M) w/o it complaining about /dev/tty).