[OmniOS-discuss] Improved, but still alpha, ISO installer

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Fri Mar 3 15:06:24 UTC 2017

Dan,

On Thu, Mar 2, 2017 at 2:40 AM, Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> Please refresh your copy by downloading here:
>
>         http://kebe.com/~danmcd/webrevs/r151021-kayak.iso

So I had a play with this on vultr (cloud, KVM based, virtio)

And it worked pretty well, takes a while to load the boot archive but
other than that worked just fine.

Couple of things I noticed:

There's no org.opensolaris.libbe:uuid property set on the root filesystem's
dataset, which I think you'll need

I saw a message at boot I didn't recognise:
"Short hash module of length 0x0 bytes; ignoring"

Mind you, it's confused between c3t0d0 and c2t0d0:

$ zpool status
  pool: rpool
 state: ONLINE
  scan: scrub repaired 0 in 0h0m with 0 errors on Fri Mar  3 15:03:09 2017
config:

    NAME        STATE     READ WRITE CKSUM
    rpool       ONLINE       0     0     0
      c3t0d0    ONLINE       0     0     0

# format
Searching for disks...done

AVAILABLE DISK SELECTIONS:
       0. c2t0d0 <Virtio-Block Device-0000-40.00GB>
          /pci at 0,0/pci1af4,2 at 4/blkdev at 0,0

It was c3t0d0 in the installer shell, but that device no longer exisst and
it's
moved to c2t0d0.

--
-Peter Tribble