[OmniOS-discuss] new supermicro server

Linda Kateley lkateley at kateley.com
Wed Mar 8 17:01:42 UTC 2017

So quick google on "razor cards" came up pretty empty(lots of using a
razor blade on your cpu).. I will assume that is some sort of switch?
pci switch? Does latency stay in tact?

Ok so I read the first part of the manual.. It looks like it has 4 nvme
ports via OCuLink, which if I am reading correctly will have/need 4
lanes of  PCI Express 4? and a dual sas backplane for like the rest.
OCuLink driver in Omni? First pass on Oculink looks pretty cool. 8T

I am looking at one of those for a project so I will read and report back :)

lk