[OmniOS-discuss] Kayak for ISO now at Beta

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Sat Mar 11 15:13:05 UTC 2017

On Thu, 9 Mar 2017 15:28:16 -0500
Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> Please try it, both on existing, known-to-work platforms, and continuing on to the newer ones like Xen or qemu, that had not worked in the past.

Hi Dan,

As you might have noticed from the illumos developer list the problem
with disk discovery was caused by a requirement for the kernel to have
unique id's assigned to disks. Maybe this should be mentioned somewhere
in the wiki? It might also solves problems regarding xen?

Apart from the above I have found another issue which might could be
solved more elegantly. Given disk(s) provided for install contains an
exported pool the disk(s) does not show up using #1. Maybe a notice to
the user should be given to either discard the pool and continue
selecting disks or import this pool and continue the install using this
pool as rpool. What do you think?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen