[OmniOS-discuss] DTrace Scripts

Richard Elling richard.elling at richardelling.com
Sun Mar 12 01:08:21 UTC 2017

> On Mar 9, 2017, at 10:06 AM, John Barfield <john.barfield at bissinc.com> wrote:
>
> Im looking for some general dtrace scripts for debugging ZFS on OmniOS (like updated dtrace toolkit)..didnt want to reinvent the wheel if some folks are willing to share. Also willing to purchase if needed.

Having written a number of these over the years, most are constructed to answer specific
questions. Those questions that we feel become routine, usually get converted to kstats,
which is a better method for long-term collection.

That said, I've got a few that are more generally useful when debugging some performance
issues. But they aren't documented, so a little work is required to get them documented.
 -- richard