[OmniOS-discuss] Kayak for ISO now at Beta

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Sun Mar 12 12:06:31 UTC 2017

On Sat, 11 Mar 2017 17:07:31 -0500
Dan McDonald <danmcd at omniti.com> wrote:

> As for not seeing the disks... that's odd, I'm pretty sure exported drives show up in my environments.

If I understand this explanation correct
(https://www.listbox.com/member/archive/182179/2017/03/sort/time_rev/page/1/entry/18:200/20170310150358:AFC98960-05CC-11E7-B128-CC58F01E9545/)
then it boils down to that libdiskmgmt will assign a devid to each disk
which in turn will all zeroes and apparently this confuses the kernel
since it seems that the kernel distinguishes one disk from another by
comparing devid's. Eg the physical disks are detected but since they
are given identical devid the kernel maps entries to the same disk.
This would also explains why diskinfo only displays one disk which is
the last disk. Diskinfo and format obviously sees disks from a
different perspective.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
He missed an invaluable opportunity to hold his tongue.
		-- Andrew Lang