[OmniOS-discuss] VMware tools for Omni

Jens Bauernfeind bauernfeind at ipk-gatersleben.de
Mon Mar 13 20:35:42 UTC 2017

Hello,

Following the 6.5 Release Notes:
8<---
In ESXi 6.5, only a subset of VMware Tools ISO images are bundled with the ESXi 6.5 host.
8<---
windows and linux only, but you can download the tools for other OSes here:
https://my.vmware.com/group/vmware/details?downloadGroup=VMTOOLS1015&productId=614 (login needed)

You can either extract the solaris.iso and put it in the correct location (so enable esxi shell and scp it) or you extract the solaris.iso and transfer the contained tar.gz file directly in your VM

Jens