[OmniOS-discuss] dladm shows -NaN für LACP bond

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon Mar 20 13:52:02 UTC 2017

> On Mar 20, 2017, at 5:25 AM, Stephan Budach <stephan.budach at jvm.de> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I was just checking the states of my LACP bonds on my omniOS boxes, due to some scheduled maintenace work on our Nexus switches, when I came across one box that does work normally, but where dladm shows no stats for one of the two LACP bonds, when running dladm show-aggr -s:

<SNIP!>

Just to be clear, this problem doesn't just happen sometimes, it happens all the time you "dladm show-aggr -s"?

Clearly everything's zeroed for "nfs0" when you're querying all of them.  The question is why.  IF (and only if) you have two spare physicals (maybe two unused igbs on the motherboard?) you could create a third (albeit unused) aggr to see if which of the "last one in the sequence" or "specifically nfs0" or "all but first in the sequence" fail.  Once the test is done, you could destroy the third, unused, aggr.

I can't dive into this deeply at the moment.  If you've the spare unused NICs, try the third-aggr experiment I suggested to see how the iterated output behaves.

Thanks,