[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: LX Zones question: Do you miss ipadm(1M)?

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Fri Mar 31 14:02:08 UTC 2017

On Fri, 31 Mar 2017 08:32:51 -0500 (CDT)
Bob Friesenhahn <bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us> wrote:

> I made an over-statement.  The threat level to the global zone and network is similar.  What is not similar is that well known Linux system admistration methods may cause the Linux install to stop working.  Merely installing a package which uses network interfaces might cause harm to the Linux installation.

Without access to network configuration using client native network
tools prevents using network based and/or PXE booted installs.

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
  "I always avoid prophesying beforehand because it is much better
  to prophesy after the event has already taken place. " - Winston
  Churchill