[OmniOS-discuss] LX: real ksh93 broken

Nahum Shalman nshalman at omniti.com
Tue May 9 14:02:35 UTC 2017

As a data point, I tested this on a very recent SmartOS and was unable to
reproduce:

root at ksh-debian:~# set -o xtrace ; /native/usr/bin/uname -a; uname -a ; cat
/etc/debian_version ; dpkg-query -l ksh | grep ksh ; /bin/ksh93
+ set -o xtrace
+ /native/usr/bin/uname -a
SunOS ksh-debian 5.11 joyent_20170427T222500Z i86pc i386 i86pc
+ uname -a
Linux ksh-debian 3.16.10 BrandZ virtual linux x86_64 GNU/Linux
+ cat /etc/debian_version
8.8
+ dpkg-query -l ksh
+ grep ksh
ii  ksh            93u+20120801-1 amd64        Real, AT&T version of the
Korn shell
+ /bin/ksh93
# ps | grep $$
77074 pts/2    00:00:00 ksh93