[OmniOS-discuss] LX: real ksh93 broken

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Thu May 11 14:28:10 UTC 2017

SCRATCH THAT!  I figured it out.  zone.max-lwps is the resource control that ALSO caps this rlimit.

What I don't know is how SmartOS lowers theirs to 2000, as our illumos sources *appear* to be identical in these regards.  I see some things in smartos-live (which we have none of) that could explain it.  I've a note out to the Joyent folks asking about this.

One thing you can DO is this:

	set max-lwps=2000

in the zone's configuration.  I just tried this in realtime:

bloody(~/ws)[0]% sudo zlogin lx1 ulimit -u
2147483647
bloody(~/ws)[0]% sudo zonecfg -z lx1
zonecfg:lx1> set max-lwps=2000
zonecfg:lx1> exit
bloody(~/ws)[0]% sudo zlogin lx1 ulimit -u
2147483647
bloody(~/ws)[0]% sudo zoneadm -z lx1 reboot
bloody(~/ws)[0]% echo "let it boot..."
let it boot...
bloody(~/ws)[0]% sudo zlogin lx1 ulimit -u
2000
bloody(~/ws)[0]%

You need to reboot the zone after changing the config, as you can see.

And ksh93 starts behaving itself WONDERFULLY afterwards.  I'll update the documentation.

Thanks,