[OmniOS-discuss] Bloody bump to r151023, and more

Dan McDonald danmcd at omniti.com
Mon May 15 14:36:07 UTC 2017

This is my last official week at OmniTI.

Besides trying to get an r151022 AWS image spun up, I'm also attempting to bump the bloody repo & master branch to r151023, so bloody can stay bloody (vs. the now-released r151022).  If all goes well, things will be up before bedtime tonight, US/Eastern.

I still run OmniOS at home, BTW.  Depending on where I land, I can spend some amount of time (the precise amount may be a function of where I land, or not... I'm honestly not sure) answering questions and helping out.  When I got to OmniTI three years ago, I had Theo and Eric right nearby to answer, "What were you thinking?" (with all sorts of inflections) when encountering various build & setup decisions.  I hope to be able to answer similar questions as people build & use OmniOS going forward.

I hope I was never too opaque in what I was doing with OmniOS during the gaps between scheduled releases.  If I didn't share, it was out of forgetfulness or old habit, not out of any intended desire to keep things close.  If there's any opacity lingering, I'm happy to remove it.  To that end, I hope to, some time this week, spell out what I had planned for the gap between 022 and 024.

Thanks!