[OmniOS-discuss] To the OmniOS Community

Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org
Mon May 15 22:02:48 UTC 2017

On Mon, 15 May 2017 23:38:20 +0200 (CEST)
Tobias Oetiker <tobi at oetiker.ch> wrote:

> ----- On May 15, 2017, at 11:20 PM, Michael Rasmussen mir at miras.org wrote:
>
> > On Mon, 15 May 2017 22:46:10 +0200
> > Michael Rasmussen <mir at miras.org> wrote:

> >> I have found out that Omniti holds the domain name omnios.org. Will
> >> Omniti consider handing over omnios.org to the community?
> >>
> > BTW. speaking of wiki, online infrastructure etc.
> > Any thoughts or wishes?
> > What about hosting? (the important parts are: wiki and/or web site,
> > mail list and/or forum, repository, bug tracker)
> > This also means deciding which software to use for the above.
>
> I would strongly urge to keep source, issues, pull requests, wiki on github.
>
> it is perfectly integrated, works very well, and we have one less thing to worry about.

Assuming we go with github this leaves mail list and/or forum and wiki
and/or web site to be decided. This tightly coupled with the domain
name so this will have to wait for this decision.

I have a VM on DigitalOcean doing nothing else than act as backup MX
which I could throw in as hosting for this?

--
Hilsen/Regards
Michael Rasmussen

Get my public GnuPG keys:
michael <at> rasmussen <dot> cc
mir <at> datanom <dot> net
mir <at> miras <dot> org
/usr/games/fortune -es says:
To find out a girl's faults, praise her to her girl friends.
		-- Benjamin Franklin