[OmniOS-discuss] Supermicro X10DRi-T4+ usable with Illumos?

Peter Tribble peter.tribble at gmail.com
Thu Nov 9 13:08:54 UTC 2017

wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is anyone using the Supermicro X10DRi-T4+ with the onboard sata for zfs
> with SmartOS or OmniOSce?

We've got that board in production, works very well.

We're not using the onboard SATA, though. Most chassis options have more
drive
slots than you can use with the onboard SATA, so we connect the drives via
LSI cards.

(We do have an X10SRi-F, which has the same C612 chipset, and use the
onboard SATA
for that.)

The one thing to be careful of is the chassis, and whether it has expanders
or whether
it's direct attach. We have the SC216BAC-R920LPB, which is direct attach.

And is the 10Gbit-Driver working with this board?

The driver works. We're only at 1G, as we don't need any more right now.
But people on
this list have reported using this at 10G.

Overall, I would say this is a pretty good choice of board for
illumos/omnios.

--
-Peter Tribble