[OmniOS-discuss] 2TB vs 4TB NVMe drives?

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at jvm.de
Tue Nov 14 14:16:21 UTC 2017

Hi,

we are planning on purchasing a Supermicro NVMe server with 48 .U2 slots. I intended to initially load it with 24 x 2TB DC P4500, leaving 24 slots empty.

Now… I've been also offered an Intel chassis with only 24 slots and thus the offer also included the 4TB P4500s. Just without thinking very long, I instinctively wayed towards the 2TB drives, mainly for the reason, that should a drive really fail, I'd have of course a longer resilver at hand, usind 4TB NVMe drives.

Which ones would you choose?

Thanks,
Stephan