[OmniOS-discuss] 2TB vs 4TB NVMe drives?

Jeff Stockett jstockett at molalla.com
Tue Nov 14 16:20:21 UTC 2017

Yes – definitely let the list know how/if it all works – I’ve been eyeballing the EPYC based TN70A-B8026 which is 2U and 24 hotswap NVMe that are direct attached.  I think the supermicro ones are all going to be via PLX PCI expanders since Intel doesn’t have enough PCI express lanes even in 2P for 24x more less 48x not that it probably matters that much.  FWIW, Phoronix reviewed this Tyan system, and couldn’t get OmniOS (r151122CE I think) to see the nvme drives – but I don’t know how hard he tried nor do I know what kind of drives they sent him for review.

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=article&item=amd-epyc-bsd&num=1