[OmniOS-discuss] Best way to share files with Mac?

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at jvm.de
Fri Nov 24 06:57:14 UTC 2017

Hi Geoff,

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----

well, the current Netatalk 3.1.x packages will of course get you Mac connectivity, but you should probably go with SMB instead, as no one actually knows, when Apple will pull AFP from macOS. I know that AFP/Netatalk is very fast - we have been using it on Solaris11 for a long time now, but it is in no way future-proof.

I think it would make more sense to fix the speed issues, you're seeing when using SMB. What speed issues are you experiencing?

Cheers,
Stephan