[OmniOS-discuss] Best way to share files with Mac?

Manuel Oetiker manuel at oetiker.ch
Fri Nov 24 07:33:10 UTC 2017

Hi

We are using samba and it works well with macos.

you can download our smb package from pkg.oetiker.ch or just run the compilation by your selfe.
we store our build script under https://github.com/oposs/pkg.oetiker.ch-build/tree/master/build/samba4

disabling thumbnails preview helps speed up finder ...
http://osxdaily.com/2013/01/10/disable-finder-icon-thumbnails-previews-mac-os-x/

cheers Manuel