[OmniOS-discuss] omniOS/Samba/Kerberos?

Jens Bauernfeind bauernfeind at ipk-gatersleben.de
Fri Nov 24 08:03:22 UTC 2017

Hi Stephan,

for test purposes I setup a kernel smb vm a few months ago.
I can acquire a tgt via "kinit" on a mac and browse successfully via "Go ->
Connect to server -> smb://<VM-NAME>/share"

The only downside against a samba4: I cannot block (or "veto" in samba syntax)
the creation of the useless finder files
.apdisk/.DS_Store/.Trashes/.TemporaryItems
So in every folder a mac user browses, you get at least .DS_Store, hurray.

If you use samba4, you can block these files by adding:
veto files = /.apdisk/.DS_Store/.Trashes/.TemporaryItems/
to the share definition

Jens