[OmniOS-discuss] Best way to share files with Mac?

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at jvm.de
Sun Nov 26 08:24:27 UTC 2017

Hi,

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----

the vfs_fruit extension, afair, provides interlocking capabilities between Netatalk/AFP and Samba 3/4. It allows Macs and PCs to share the same data through both protocols.

Looking at the man page of it, it may be doing some more stuff, which may come in handy for macOS clients. However, this module will not work with the kernel/smb and you will have to go with a full-fledged Samba 4 installation.

I know Ralph Böhme, the author of vfs_fruit, and I have contacted serNet (the company he's working for) and we be having a conversation about what the odds arem that they provide a package for omniOS as well.

Cheers,
Stephan