[OmniOS-discuss] email notifications from SMF and FMA

Matjaž M matjaz85 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 5 17:21:10 UTC 2017

The easiest way to send an email from CLI or crontab I found is Heirloom mailx. You can find it here:
http://heirloom.sourceforge.net/mailx.html <http://heirloom.sourceforge.net/mailx.html>

You will need to make/make install yourself.

And then you can use info on how to set it up from here:
https://www.systutorials.com/1411/sending-email-from-mailx-command-in-linux-using-gmails-smtp/ <https://www.systutorials.com/1411/sending-email-from-mailx-command-in-linux-using-gmails-smtp/>

BR, Matjaz