[OmniOS-discuss] Fwd: Invitation to the SmartOS/OmniOS/OI/illumos user meeting at Erlangen, Germany on October 12

Dan McDonald danmcd at kebe.com
Fri Sep 15 11:30:00 UTC 2017

Peter asked me to forward this to the list.

Dan

=====================

Von: Peter Kelm <peter.kelm at peterkelm.com <mailto:peter.kelm at peterkelm.com>>
Betreff: Invitation to the SmartOS/OmniOS/OI/illumos user meeting at Erlangen, Germany on October 12
Datum: 15. September 2017 um 11:15:28 MESZ
An: openindiana-discuss-owner at openindiana.org <mailto:openindiana-discuss-owner at openindiana.org>, smartos-discuss at lists.smartos.org <mailto:smartos-discuss at lists.smartos.org>, omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com <mailto:omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com>

All,

We’d like to invite you to the SmartOS/OmniOS/OI/illumos user meeting at Erlangen on Oct 12, 2017.

Location:
  KelmMoyles office (at the IGZ Erlangen)
  Am Weichselgarten 7
  91058 Erlangen
  Germany

Date/Time:
  Oct 12, 2017, starting at 6:00pm

There is no firm agenda yet but please let us know what topics you’d be interested in to make this meeting as productive and useful as it can be. Your contributions are highly appreciated!

I’d expect that some of the questions below might come up:
- How do you use SmartOS/OmniOS/OI/illumos today or how do you intend to use it „tomorrow“?
- What are the factors that drive your interest? Where do you see strengths and weaknesses (vs. competing solutions)?
- What are the „best practices“ that you’d like to share? (E.g. how do you handle maintenance and updates for your deployment?)

Participation is of course free but we’d like to ask you to register via eMail to: illumos-meetup at kelmmoyles.com <mailto:illumos-meetup at kelmmoyles.com>

FYI: The timing coincides with the IT-SA fair at Nuremberg, so you might want to consider spending the day there before heading over to us: https://www.it-sa.de <https://www.it-sa.de/>

We are very open to additional thoughts and suggestions, so please let us know.

Looking forward to seeing you in October!

Peter

P.S. We haven’t setup a „meetup" group yet. Any volunteers?

Dipl.-Ing. Peter Kelm
KelmMoyles - Tailored Engineering Marketing
Am Weichselgarten 7
91058 Erlangen
T +49 (9132) 9060595
F +49 (9132) 9060596