[OmniOS-discuss] xnf panic

Al Slater al.slater at scluk.com
Mon Apr 9 07:49:30 UTC 2018

Hi,

Has the fix for 7186 (xnf: panic on Xen 4.x) been integrated into
r151022 since the initial CE release?

I have an instance in AWS that they required me to stop and start again
due to host patching.  When I started it again the instance went into a
panic/reboot loop.  The stack dump looked similar to the one in the
error report.

I managed to get the instance started by changing the instance type from
m4.large to t2.large.  Presumably AWS are migrating towards Xen versions
> 4 in london region.  I don't know how long until the t2 hosts are updated.

regards

--
Al Slater