[OmniOS-discuss] xnf panic

Andy Fiddaman omnios at citrus-it.net
Thu Apr 12 11:07:36 UTC 2018

Al, that's great thanks. The fix will be in Monday's update - the same as
the hotfix you already have.

Thanks for reporting this, it's likely to hit people as Amazon upgrade
their platform.

Regards,

Andy

On Mon, 9 Apr 2018, Al Slater wrote:

; Hi Andy,
;
; OK, I booted a t2.micro instance from my AMI (Original OmniOS CE r151022
; HVM).  Updated pkg and then updated to r151022as.
;
; Then shut the instance down, changed the type to m4.large, then started
; the instance.  A panic/reboot loop ensued.  Stopped the instance.
;
; Changed the instance back to t2.micro and booted.  Applied the hotfix
; and rebooted.  Rebooted fine.
;
; Stopped the instance, changed instance type to m4.large, and started the
; instance.  The instance started and I could log in just fine.
;
; To be sure, I stopped and restarted the instance a few times. It always
; came back up ok.
;
; So, the patch looks good to me.  If you can think of any more tests you
; would like me to run, I'll give them a go for you.
;
; Thank you for the speedy fix.
;
; regards