[OmniOS-discuss] Slow NFS writes in 151026

Bob Friesenhahn bfriesen at simple.dallas.tx.us
Thu Aug 23 17:22:32 UTC 2018

On Thu, 23 Aug 2018, Lee Damon wrote:

> These are 12TB SAS drives (Seagate ST12000NM0027) for data & hot spare. ZIL
> & L2ARC are 480GB INTEL SSDSC2KG48 SSDs. Everything is left at default for
> sector size, etc. They were basically prepared for into the pool with a
> simple fdisk -B /dev/rdsk/drive.

The device c3t0d0 looks like it is overloaded or experiencing issues
due to a high read/write load and wsvc_t is very high.

>        logs
>          mirror-1                   ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c0t55CD2E414EC0FF43d0s0  ONLINE       0     0     0
>            c3t0d0s0                 ONLINE       0     0     0
>        cache
>          c0t55CD2E414EC0FF43d0s1    ONLINE       0     0     0
>          c3t0d0s1                   ONLINE       0     0     0

I am confused by the above.  Does the trailing 's0' and 's1' indicate
that partitions were used rather than whole disks for logs and cache
and so each SSD is providing both log and cache via partitions?

Bob
--
Bob Friesenhahn