[OmniOS-discuss] Slow NFS writes in 151026

Lee Damon nomad at ee.washington.edu
Fri Aug 24 15:11:17 UTC 2018

Adam,

I'm having no problems at all with my 151022 hosts. They're all doing
well for NFS reads & writes. I only see the degredation in write speed
on the 151026 host I recently installed.

> Have you looked at your scrub performance ?

I had bad scrub performance on a host that had a bad drive causing bus
contention. That host hasn't scrubbed again since then so I can't say if
the problem is still there.

> What else is different between the 2 machines ?

Age of hardware. The 151022 host is ~18 months old while the 151026 host
is ~2 months old. The '26 host has never had anything but 151026
installed on it because I couldn't get the 22 installer to boot on it (I
don't remember the details now, that was 2 months ago).

The '26 host has 98GB RAM while the '22 host has 128GB.

Other than that the pools in question are the same in terms of drives,
ZIL, and L2ARC type/config.

nomad