[OmniOS-discuss] Question about ndpd.conf in 151026

Lee Damon nomad at ee.washington.edu
Wed Aug 29 21:12:50 UTC 2018

I have an /etc/inet/ndpd.conf file that has exactly two lines:
   ifdefault StatelessAddrConf false
   ifdefault StatefulAddrConf false

On my test host running 151022 when I
   sudo ipadm create-addr -T addrconf aggr0/v6
ipadm show-if shows the interface with an fe80:: address and nothing else.

However, when I do it on my 151026 host it gives both the fe80:: address
and a fully routeable address based on the host's MAC address. This is
not what I expect to see. I've tried with 'if aggr0' instead of
'ifdefault', same result. I've tried with duplicated lines for both
ifdefault and if aggr0 and that just breaks things (so I know it's
reading the file). I've also tried with just a StatelessAddrConf or
StatefullAddrConf line, no change.

I don't see any references to ndpd in the release notes for 151024 or
151026 so I'm presuming no changes were made that should have impacted this.

Any suggestions of what I'm missing?

thanks,
nomad