[OmniOS-discuss] Boot failure after OmniOS CE install

karthik longmode at rediffmail.com
Mon Jul 2 14:20:11 UTC 2018

Hello,On my desktop system recently, I wiped out a Windows 10/Ubuntu 16(MBR) dual boot setup so that I can install(via DVD) to install OmniOS CE(latest stable release) .OmniOS has an option of installing onto a custom zpool named rpool,so I installed in this manner.After install ,the BSD loader fails to boot the OS, just displays an error "start not found" as shown in the below link:https://pasteboard.co/HstyCuG.pngAlso(after install) I gave ? in the OK prompt and scrolled down to the list of available commands. The beadm command was missing as shown in the below link:https://pasteboard.co/HstDr26.pngI also tried workaround 2 mentioned in the below link, but that did not help:https://wiki.openindiana.org/oi/MBR reinstall after illumos loader updateMy desktop rig is: Intel Core i7 6700(skylake),ASUS Z170 ProGaming Motherboard,8GB Corsair DDR4 RAM,1 TB Seagate Hard Disk,LG SATA DVD-RW drive.This rig has no AMD or Nvidia graphics cardHow to get these issues resolved?ThanksKarthik