[OmniOS-discuss] Anybody using a current SAMBA on omniosce?

Stephan Budach stephan.budach at jvm.de
Fri Oct 26 05:57:02 UTC 2018

Hi Andries,

----- Ursprüngliche Mail -----

Thanks for looking that up. I will give them a try.

> Your second question, I have no clue.

Thanks again. However, I have learned that Samba has its own internal notification system, which will notify a Samba client of any file event it wants to listen to. Usually, the client sends such a request for the shares it is logging into to get notified as soon as something happens on that share.

However, this service is kind of omnipotent and cna be leveraged to extract file events for all the shares this instance of Samba hosts.

> Cheers,
> Andries

Cheers,
Stephan