[OmniOS-discuss] Ang: Re: bhyve pkg's

Johan Kragsterman johan.kragsterman at capvert.se
Sat Oct 27 06:02:09 UTC 2018

Hi!

-----"Andy Fiddaman" <omnios at citrus-it.net> skrev: -----
Till: "Johan Kragsterman" <johan.kragsterman at capvert.se>
Från: "Andy Fiddaman" <omnios at citrus-it.net>
Datum: 2018-10-26 14:23
Kopia: "omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com" <omnios-discuss at lists.omniti.com>
Ärende: Re: [OmniOS-discuss] bhyve pkg's

On Fri, 26 Oct 2018, Johan Kragsterman wrote:

; Hi!
;
; I know that bhyve is going to be included in 028, but I just saw the pkg: pkg:/system/bhyve at 0.5.11-0.151026
;
; So I installed it.
;
; Though it seems it also requires a brand information, perhaps a package something like: pkg:/system/zones/brand/bhyve ?

bhyve in r151026 works, but you have to drive it by hand. The instructions
for doing that can still be found at:

https://github.com/omniosorg/omniosorg.github.io/blob/727c2b047d6bcc0a692226084d3f21bed80bba0c/_docs/info/bhyve.md

; Yeah, guess I have to wait some more weeks...

9 days now.. :)
Bhyve testing has been very positive so far!

~A.

Think I wait, since that "hand-driven" way wouldn't be the way I want it in production. I very much like the way it is integrated in the zone config!

By the way, if I want a dhcp address to my if, do I just do like this:

zonecfg:apache> set ip-type=exclusive
zonecfg:apache> add net
zonecfg:apache:net> set physical=vnic0
zonecfg:apache:net> end

???

And how about if I want to change address type later, can I change it from within the VM, or do I need to get into the zonecfg?

Regards Johan

Citrus IT Limited | +44 (0)333 0124 007 | enquiries at citrus-it.co.uk
Rock House Farm | Green Moor | Wortley | Sheffield | S35 7DQ
Registered in England and Wales | Company number 4899123