[OmniOS-discuss] Low latency networking

Chris Nagele nagele at wildbit.com
Sun Aug 5 20:07:29 EDT 2012

Update:

I was able to get iperf results of 9.89Gb/s each way, between Debian
and OmniOS.

I accomplished this by setting intr_throttling=1; in the
/kernel.drv/ixgbe.conf file on OmniOS.

Reference: http://support.ap.dell.com/support/edocs/network/intelpro/r195641/en/ixgbe.htm

For some reason though, ping times from OmniOS to Debian are still
much slower, above 0.2ms. I know it is nit picking, but we invested in
10g for lower latency, so I am trying to get the most out of it. From
Debian to OmniOS I get about 0.08ms still.

-Chris