[OmniOS-discuss] Trouble with drive detection on Installation.

Russ Thompson vigornj at gmail.com
Sun Jul 8 15:13:57 EDT 2012

Hello world,

I am in the process of evaluating OmniOS as an in house replacement for
Nexenta.  We have ran into several issues during the installation (albeit
minor).

Our setup consists of:
LSI HBA (cabled to Supermicro PCB/backplane).
12x 2TB drives (for our main pool)
6x   3TB drives (for our backup pool)
4x   250GB SSD Drives (L2Arch)
1x   4GB DDRdrive (ZIL)

The BIOS and LSI HBA detect all of the drives.  However during
installation, OmniOS detects all drives, except 3 of the SSD drives.  It's
only detecting one of those, all other drives are detected.  Downloaded the
LSI utility and am able to see the drives through the CLI once booted into
OmniOS.

What are we missing?

We also have two SSD hard drives connected to the onboard controller, these
drives are for the OS.  When we configure them in RAID1 (using Intel Rapid
Raid), OmniOS no longer detects the drive.  We can only see the drives when
they're not part of a RAID array.

Any-help is appreciated.

- Russ