[OmniOS-discuss] kvm / zones

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Fri Nov 2 16:25:49 EDT 2012

On 10/31/2012 5:46 PM, Bryan Horstmann-Allen wrote:

> It's actually not the joyent brand, but the kvm brand. The joyent brand is a
> modified standard "sparse" zones brand, which is (I think) very unlikely to
> work within the context of IPS (at least within the zones themselves!)

Ah, okay. I should probably just do a test install of SmartOS and get a
little more familiarity with how it actually works, which would likely
be helpful. Unfortunately, the only test hardware I currently have on
hand with a sufficient Intel processor for kvm under illumos is running
my omnios testbed :(, and since nested virtualization isn't supported
<sigh>. I'll have to see if I can snake more hardware from someplace :).

I look forward to seeing your work on the kvm brand port when you get a
chance, thanks...