[OmniOS-discuss] 2x acctual disk quantity

Saso Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Tue Dec 3 10:41:26 UTC 2013

On 12/3/13, 8:13 AM, Hafiz Rafibeyli wrote:
> Saso ,I will try edit /kernel/drv/scsi_vhci.conf as you described and will inform you.
>
> why these new disks not dedected by scsi_vhci automatically?
>
> is this because of settings in my /kernel/drv/mpt.conf and /kernel/drv/mpt_sas.conf files?

No, it has nothing to do with mpt.conf (which is a different
configuration file for a different driver altogether). The reason is
that scsi_vhci contains a whitelist of devices and associated failover
modules (i.e. methods for implementing multipathing). If your device
isn't whitelisted, then scsi_vhci doesn't know which failover module to
use and instead, as a failsafe, decides to do nothing. You can find more
info on the scsi_vhci man page:
http://docs.oracle.com/cd/E19253-01/816-5177/6mbbc4gal/index.html

Cheers,
--