[OmniOS-discuss] [discuss] mpt_sas wedge

Paul B. Henson henson at acm.org
Tue Dec 10 00:06:55 UTC 2013

SAS
> disks and not SATA drives in an expander or converter?

I intended to mention in the original message that this was a WD red 3TB
SATA drive, perhaps I forgot. So it is a SATA drive, but there are no
expanders involved, it is connected directly to a single port on the SAS
hba. I was aware of potential issues with SATA drives and SAS expanders, and
made sure to avoid such a configuration, but my understanding was that a
SATA disk attached directly to a SAS hba shouldn't be a problem.