[OmniOS-discuss] mpt_sas wedge

Narayan Desai narayan.desai at gmail.com
Wed Dec 11 04:12:54 UTC 2013

IIRC (on vacation atm) we pulled it from one of the omniti repos. You do
need to run it with some options to get info out of SATA drives, and it
results in a cosmetic scsi error, but it gives the full drive info.

For us at least, our drives are noisy with errors before taking a dive; we
get smart and other errors that show up in iostat -En output. We remove
them proactively at that point, and get pretty regular failures on a
testing rig afterward.
 -nld