[OmniOS-discuss] upgrade nearly perfect

Chavdar Ivanov ci4 at outlook.com
Mon Dec 16 10:05:48 UTC 2013

-----Original Message-----
From: Eric Sproul [mailto:esproul at omniti.com]
Sent: 13 December 2013 16:54
To: Chavdar Ivanov
Cc: Natxo Asenjo; omnios-discuss
Subject: Re: [OmniOS-discuss] upgrade nearly perfect

On Fri, Dec 13, 2013 at 11:45 AM, Chavdar Ivanov <ci4 at outlook.com> wrote:
> Looks like yours is the correct one, but there may be some packaging
problem. I'll have to make a clean 151008 installation and add java to see
if it will do the same; in my case java was left over from the time I was
running bloody. No idea why it hasn't been upgraded.

If you upgraded from r151007, you may still be missing the omnios-userland
incorporation, and should install that to ensure all your packages are
brought up to r151008.  As there is less difference between r151007 and
r151008 than from r151006, it may not have been as obvious that you were
missing something.

[[ci]]
Yes, that seems to have been the case. Installing omnios-userland failed
initially, I had to uninstall jdk, poold, java and gnu-tar; after that I was
able to install omnios-userland and bring back the packages I uninstalled.
Java works fine.

Chavdar Ivanov

Eric