[OmniOS-discuss] Dell R720 & Broadcom ethernet

Saso Kiselkov skiselkov.ml at gmail.com
Thu Dec 26 20:27:55 UTC 2013

On 12/26/13, 8:22 PM, Scott Roberts wrote:
> Thanks to all for the quick replies and suggestions.  This list is awesome.

Glad we could get this finally sorted to some kind of happy ending.
Again, sorry for giving you bad info initially.

> I just finished burning the driver update CDs for the GigE and 10G drivers
> and will re-install OmniOS using the DUs.  I will let you all know how it
> goes.
>
> I will also question Dell about swapping out with Intel hardware.  I
> somehow missed the switch to Broadcom hardware in their last quote... my
> fault.

If you can get them swapped out, the added benefit will be that igb and
ixgbe (the Intel drivers) support fast reboot, so you'll be able to
reboot your machine without having to go through the lengthy BIOS boot
checks.

Cheers,
--
Saso