[OmniOS-discuss] Failing zfs send / receive

Chris Nagele nagele at wildbit.com
Sat Dec 28 17:22:35 UTC 2013

Hi Michael,

I tried those settings with no luck. I also tested network latency,
routes, throughput with netperf, etc. The network side is perfectly
fine with no packet loss over a long period of time.

What I do see is ssh hanging for 10 seconds or so if I run commands
over it. For instance, if I run "ssh -vvv host ls -l" a bunch of times
it is usually very fast, but will hang every 30 times for several
seconds.

Due to the way our backups work we run a lot of remote ssh commands
(100+ every 60 seconds). Is there something we could try in terms of
increasing ssh performance? Or is there anything else I can look at to
troubleshoot?

Thanks for the help.

Chris