[OmniOS-discuss] ZFS Checksum problem

Eric Sproul esproul at omniti.com
Mon Jul 1 20:38:08 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 1, 2013 at 4:28 PM, "Daniel D. Gonçalves"
<daniel at dgnetwork.com.br> wrote:
> iostat -Exn result:
>
> c15t35d1         Soft Errors: 4 Hard Errors: 0 Transport Errors: 0
> Vendor: ATA      Product: ST3000DM001-1CH1 Revision: CC24 Serial No:

These are desktop-class drives and are probably having trouble with
vibration, being installed with so many spindles in the same chassis.
I've seen similar problems, but after replacing the drives with
"enterprise", aka "near-line" 7200 rpm drives, there have been no more
crazy checksum issues.

Are the other (non-checksum-erroring) drives the same make and model,
or similarly not designed for datacenter use?

Eric